Select the Unique Look of Tile
When it comes to roofing, there are many different materials and options to choose from. But when it comes to tile roofing in Stillwater, MN, there is only one clear choice – contacting the experts at Countrywide Contracting Inc. We specialize in tile roof installation, repair, and maintenance, so you can rest assured that your roof will be in good hands. Give us a call at 651-528-7451 to get started.
Types of Tile Roofs
Tiles roofs are one of the oldest types of roofing systems in the world and have been used on homes and buildings for centuries. Today, tile roofs are still a popular choice for homeowners and builders looking for a durable, attractive roofing option. There are several different types of tile roofs, each with its own benefits and drawbacks.
- Clay Tile Roofs: Clay tile roofs are some of the most durable and longest-lasting roofing options available. Clay tiles are made from natural materials and are typically fired in kilns to further increase their strength. Clay tiles can last for 50 years or more with proper care and maintenance. One drawback of clay tile roofs is that they can be very heavy, which may require additional support to be added to the roof structure.
- Concrete Tile Roofs: Concrete tile roofs are a more affordable option than clay tile roofs, and can also be very durable. Concrete tiles are usually made with a mixture of Portland cement, sand, water, and other aggregates. Concrete tiles can last for 30 years or more with proper care and maintenance. One drawback of concrete tile roofs is that they may crack or break if they are exposed to freezing temperatures.
- Slate Tile Roofs: Slate tile roofs are among the most expensive roofing options available, but they are also incredibly durable. Slate tiles are made from natural stone, and each slate tile is unique in color and pattern. Slate tiles can last for 100 years or more with proper care and maintenance. One drawback of slate tile roofs is that they are very heavy, which may require additional support to be added to the roof structure.
- Asphalt Shingle Roofs: Asphalt shingle roofs are the most common type of roofing in the United States. Asphalt shingles are made from a fiberglass or paper mat that is covered with asphalt and then topped with ceramic granules. Asphalt shingles can last for 20 years or more with proper care and maintenance. One drawback of asphalt shingle roofs is that they are not as durable as some other roofing options, and may need to be replaced more frequently.
- Metal Roofs: Metal roofs are a popular choice for both commercial and residential buildings. Metal roofs are available in a variety of materials, including aluminum, steel, copper, and tin. Metal roofs can last for 50 years or more with proper care and maintenance. One drawback of metal roofs is that they can be very noisy during rainstorms or when hail hits the roof.
Tile roofs are a popular choice for many homeowners and builders because they are durable, attractive, and available in a variety of materials. When choosing a tile roof, it is important to consider the benefits and drawbacks of each type of tile to find the best option for your home or building.
Learn more about tile roofing in Stillwater, MN by contacting our team.
Countrywide Contracting Inc is the resource to call for tile roofing in Stillwater, MN. Schedule services at 651-528-7451 today.